Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Creating Personal Wellness, Healthy Relationships and RECIPE FUN!!!


I love to replace old unhealthy habits for healthy relationship building habits. I went from reacting to my c
hildren or husband to Responding. As the reactive feelings of anger or rage start to come up I stop, take a breath and think what I would like to communicate to who I am speaking to and what I would like to say. This gives me time to calm down and respond.

Next I like to incorporate a method I took in a parenting class called PET (Parent Effectiveness Training). I learned that by describing something like "When I hear that sound, or see that, . . ." it takes the attack away and puts the responsibility back to myself. I remember the technique by using the acronym I call the B.F.E. Method. I describe the Behavior I am having an issue with "when I see ink writing on my favorite blender", I describe my Feelings "I feel upset, irritated, unhappy" and last I describe the Effect (the effect being time, money, energy) "It will take time to get that ink writing off the blender or it will cost $400 to replace it".

Last I allow them to speak and tell their tell or feelings. Usually they want to right the stuation "I understand, I will clean the ink off the blender and and I wont do it again" and it usually does not happen again. This process allows the person I am communicating with to know I have feelings and at the same time they don't have to feel attacked. In the end we can work together to take care of the issue at hand and we both come out feeling better. We end up building a respectful loving relationship rather than a gap in our relationship.

Now another healthy habit I replaced for an unhealthy habit was learning to convert a cooked food recipe to a raw/living food one. As a chef I am always being asked to create raw dishes that taste like cooked food dishes. I get the the information highway and look up a few cooked recipes like "Thai dressing" or "marinara" and start my imagination going by replacing the cooked ingredients for raw ones, remembering a balance of flavors always includes 5 major tastes: sweet, sour, salty, spicey, and bitter.
Examples:
peanut butter for Almond Butter or Tahini (sesame seed butter)
can tomatoes for fresh tomatoes
tomato paste for sun-dried tomatoes
butter/dairy/cheese for young coconut meat or blended cashews/macadamia nuts or avocado
milk for almond Mylk
bread for a dehydrated raw bread
sugar for dates, raisins, Agave Nectar, honey
vinegar for lemon, lime or orange juice
See what you can create from your favorite recipe and turn in raw!

I took a recipe from Rachel Ray and converted it to RAW!

Rachel Ray's
Berries and Cream
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons sugar
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1/4 pound fresh cherries, halved, plus 10 whole for garnish
1 pint mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
6 ounces milk or dark chocolate
20 sugar cones


Fruity Green Family's
Berries and Cream

Almond Creamy milk:
2 cup soaked almonds
4 cups water
Blend very well and strain through a cheese cloth bag, save pulp for another recipe.

Put milk back in blender and add:
2 cups of Macadamia or cashew nuts
be sure to add only 1/4 cup at a time
Blend until smooth.
Then add
1 cup date/raisin combo
1 teaspoon to vanilla or one inch vanilla bean or vanilla bean powder
a squeeze or 2 of lemon juice or orange juice
blend until smooth

Put in bowl and add your favorite fruit (fresh or frozen). Let this sit in the frig a bit or if the fruit is frozen let it sit on the counter for a few. As the cream absorbs the flavor of the fruit it just gets better!
A few favorites are peaches n cream, berries n cream and strawberries and cream!
Serve in glass dishes and ENJOY!
Your can serve this at any family event and nobody with know that it is non dairy and non refined sugar.

I welcome you to look at what others are doing and without judgement just describe what they are doing as if you were speaking to someone that can not see. How to you describe the color blue to a blind person?
With a hug, as if my arms wrapped around your body and yours around mine and we can feel our hearts beating and begin to feel our bodies full of energy from the possitive connection between an one amazing being to another!
Love,
Darlene
fruity green goddess momma

0 comments:

Fast Food that's fresh from the garden
A whole food diet is the key to a long and healthy life. New recommendations encourage consuming more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. This is easily accomplished by eating terrific-tasting, nutrient-rich whole food meals made in the Vita-Mix machine.
Imagine...
Steaming hot soups & sauces in 4 minutes
Juice whole foods in 60 seconds
Frozen treats in 30 seconds
Grind grains and knead dough in one 5 minute operation
Cooking soup from scratch that's hot, hearty and satisfying in just 4 minutes.

Making whole food juice that's full of fiber and flavor in under a minute.

Making frozen treats that are full of fruit and low in fat in only 30 seconds.
Grinding fresh whole grains into flour and kneading dough for healthy home made bread in one 5-minute operation.
Click an image to view a live demonstration
*Flash Player Required
Vita-Mix Super 5200

Start your 30-day no-risk
in-home trial today
and we'll
give you FREE Standard
Ground Shipping


Click here to get started!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger