Wednesday, November 19, 2008

INSPIRATION #3 COMPLETE WELL-NESS


FINDING THE GOOD IN ALL

WELL-NESS Thinking and Eating!

I believe every situation no matter how wrong or bad it may seem at the moment always has good within it. My father was very ill during my youth and died at 50 years. He was in pain most of the time and seemed angry. In the past I would look back on my memories of him and in my perspective he was short tempered and unhappy. Now with my new perspective and new found appreciation for the contrast my father showed me, when I started getting similar symptoms of illness I intentionally decided I would choose health and happiness over pain and agony. I set out intentions to seek and find health and happiness, I choose to eat differently and make a conscious effort to see WELL-NESS in LIFE everyday! My attention switched from a negative past in pain to focusing my attention on the good in it. I began to remember my fathers wonderful talents in computers and many other memories when he taught me to cook surfaced. The memory shifted and I physically felt better inside and out.

I have found eating a living foods life style is a fun way to bring out the creative side in yourself. I love the challenge of taking an unhealthy recipe I once loved and turning it into a new amazing healthy recipe.

I have wonderful memories of my grandfathers homemade apple pie so during the fall I love to make my version of fresh live apple pie!


Past Apple Pie:



INGREDIENTS

1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
5 cups apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter


Presently Healthy Apple Pie (raw/live)

INGREDIENTS

9 inch Pie Crust:

1 Cups of nuts (your favorite)

1 Cup of shredded coconut or for a nut-free crust 2 cups of coconut and leave out the nuts

1/2 cup dates

a touch of cinnamon or 1 TB carob (gives it a delightful extra flavor)

Chop in a food processor until crumble consistancy

Press into a glass pie dish saving 1/4 cup for top

Apple Filling:

5 cups apples, peeled and cored (reserve 1 cup for the blender) slice the rest

1/2 cup dates (or to taste)

(I love to replace sugar with dates especially in the pie toping it thickens it.)

1/4-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste

Pinch of nutmeg

(I always start with less seasoning and add more, when heat is applied to food it cooks out some of the seasoning)

1/4 cup raisins

(I think raisins go well with apples and brings another "sugar" taste)

1 TB orange juice

(OJ keeps the apples from discoloring)

Place 1 cup of apples, raisins, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and OJ in a blender (I recommend a Vita Mix if you have one). Blend until smooth and taste. Very important to taste for the 5 major tastes for a totally delicious balanced taste (sweet-dates and raisins, sour-apples and OJ, salty-this taste is less in an apple pie and would be in the apples, spicy-cinnamon, bitter-apples).

Pour blended mix over sliced apples and let side out for the day (I like to warm the pie mix in the sun or in a dehydrator on 100 degrees for 2 hours or so). Put pie crust in fridge for 1 hour after making. Right before serving pie put the apple mix into crust and top with 1/4 cup of pie crumbles. I love to serve with frozen banana Ice Cream or homemade Vanilla Almond Ice Cream (recipes in INSPIRATION future).

Get out those unhealthy heated recipes and use your imagination!

Enjoy Your Health Apple Pie best served with MANY FRIENDS and LOVED ONES!!!!

0 comments:

Fast Food that's fresh from the garden
A whole food diet is the key to a long and healthy life. New recommendations encourage consuming more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. This is easily accomplished by eating terrific-tasting, nutrient-rich whole food meals made in the Vita-Mix machine.
Imagine...
Steaming hot soups & sauces in 4 minutes
Juice whole foods in 60 seconds
Frozen treats in 30 seconds
Grind grains and knead dough in one 5 minute operation
Cooking soup from scratch that's hot, hearty and satisfying in just 4 minutes.

Making whole food juice that's full of fiber and flavor in under a minute.

Making frozen treats that are full of fruit and low in fat in only 30 seconds.
Grinding fresh whole grains into flour and kneading dough for healthy home made bread in one 5-minute operation.
Click an image to view a live demonstration
*Flash Player Required
Vita-Mix Super 5200

Start your 30-day no-risk
in-home trial today
and we'll
give you FREE Standard
Ground Shipping


Click here to get started!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger