Wednesday, December 31, 2008

INSPIRATION #8 A Smile is Worth 1,000 Words


SMILE- LOVE, PEACE, COMPASSION

I love to smile, I smile all the time, and most of the time people smile back. I have found that a simple smile is all it takes to connect with others. Everyday I put out an intention to meet and connect with as many new people as I can. I find these smiles contagious and in many cases the people I smile at will start a conversation or I will.
In 2009 it is my intention to consciously create LOVE, PEACE and COMPASSION in each moment. A smile is a beginning, a kind word is another and the more I can inspire others to take their nutrition more fresh, fruity and green through love, peace and compassion the more I feel the return of love, peace and compassion. My personal inspiring contribution to you and all is to continue to gift you our fruity green family blog. Please continue to ENJOY these words, videos and recipes.
I would love to inspire you to gift of your talents and watch the boomerang of the universe come back full circle and gift you all of what you put out. We have the power to live an intentional life spreading love, peace and compassion one smile at a time.

Have a Compassionate 2009
With Appreciation,
Keep it Fresh,
Darlene

PS
Speaking of smiles, recently I was asked about eating a raw food diet and how it was on your teeth. Through years of our family eating a raw food diet I have found as with eating any other diet that as long as you keep it fresh and low fat your teeth will be great. When lots of dried fruits and nuts are eaten you can experience teeth issue. I think it is easy to over do nuts and dried fruits in the beginning so just remember to eat these things very sparingly and you will do great!


(Oops! here is the recipe I forgot to give you early)
Ring in the new year with a fresh dressing to top your amazing fresh organic green salads. Remember add some fresh citrus fruit (orange, tangerine, pineapple, or even apple works nicely) to your salads for even more amazing taste sensations!

Raw Goddess Dressing
by Darlene Navarre

2 celery sticks
5 to 7 dates
2 tablespoons of tahini
a chunk of onion
2 cloves of garlic
a bunch of cilantro or parsley
1 lemon  juiced
Salt or dulse to taste if desired (I avoid salt whenever possible, I think the celery is the perfect salt)
add water a little at a time 1/2 to 1 cup of water

Blend until smooth!
This is low fat and with the combo of 5 tastes sweet, sour, salty, spicy and bitter it is sure to please your taste buds

2 comments:

davy said...

awesome post darlene! I couldn't find your email on your blog, so I'll just leave you a message here.
thanks for the green smoothie recipe! I just had one this morning and it was delicious. thanks so much.
you can email me at davynathan@yahoo.com - I'm excited about the possibilities of your new project!
talk soon,
Davy

Eli said...

I'm smiling! I am so happy to have one of your dressing recipes! I love your dressings.
Elizabeth

Fast Food that's fresh from the garden
A whole food diet is the key to a long and healthy life. New recommendations encourage consuming more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. This is easily accomplished by eating terrific-tasting, nutrient-rich whole food meals made in the Vita-Mix machine.
Imagine...
Steaming hot soups & sauces in 4 minutes
Juice whole foods in 60 seconds
Frozen treats in 30 seconds
Grind grains and knead dough in one 5 minute operation
Cooking soup from scratch that's hot, hearty and satisfying in just 4 minutes.

Making whole food juice that's full of fiber and flavor in under a minute.

Making frozen treats that are full of fruit and low in fat in only 30 seconds.
Grinding fresh whole grains into flour and kneading dough for healthy home made bread in one 5-minute operation.
Click an image to view a live demonstration
*Flash Player Required
Vita-Mix Super 5200

Start your 30-day no-risk
in-home trial today
and we'll
give you FREE Standard
Ground Shipping


Click here to get started!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger