Saturday, December 6, 2008

INSPIRATION #6 POWER OF DECISION



The Power of Decision

I have found excuses are no more than justifications for what you doubt in yourself. We are all out here in this amazing time, space, reality to experience contrast to decide what works for each one of us, no excuses needed. When my children ask me what the plans for the day are I always say this is my intention and I am open to surprises of change or deviation. However I have also found that when I am clear about what I want for myself it always seems to show up. It may not be the total package I dreamed up in my head and it is always perfect still.

Once I have tasted many flavors of life I may decide for that moment to make a decision about something that really works for me and brings joy to my life. I make a deliberate decision with all my heart and the universe shows up for me. 

Many times I hear comments from people about travel and how hard it is to eat healthy on the road. I believe when a strong decision or determination is completely made all the possibilities in life open up. Lets take a closer look:

I too thought this one time and then I opened my mind and eyes and all the sudden I could see the alternatives. My amazing partner (husband), Blake, travels everyday for his current living in life, and I have traveled for many of the past few years. On our journeys we always seem to find or SEE grocery stores all along the way. No matter where we travel we find all the living foods we need or we bring certain items along with us. Even airport and gas stations sell some sort of fresh fruits and vegetables. Blake’s sweet father lives in a remote area of Michigan and still when we visit him there is a grocery store just minutes from his home where we can buy a variety of fresh foods to satisfy our fresh living diet.
Blake once told me that when he was in Grand Junction, CO and his co-worker wanted to meet him for dinner at a popular restaurant. Blake had no idea where this restaurant was, when he asked the co-worker for directions he told him it was right across the street from the hotel they were staying in. Blake had been staying at that hotel for a week and never SAW the restaurant and yet he knew were the grocery store was .25 mile away. 

What I found is although it may not be the best Organic produce stores I am use to and love, any grocery store is better then most restaurants and all fast foods any grocery store works to provide us with fresh produce. 

Do yourself a favor when you make your decision and/or intent, be complete and strong and all the possibilities for keeping you on your path will be everywhere you need them to be.


In case your in a pinch take a trip to the grocery store to create a
SIMPLE GROCERY SALAD WITH AVOCADO ORANGE DRESSING

SALAD:
Mixed greens or roman (if you can Organic as much as possible, lots of conventional grocery stores are carrying Organic now days)

Large or cherry/grape Tomatoes (cherry tomatoes are usually sweeter than the standard tomato)

Onion (purple onions are stronger, yellow onions are sweeter)

Red pepper

Cucumber

Any other fruit or vegetables you love (I love chopped pineapple or orange on my salad)

Slice the roman in small shreds and chop all your fruits and vegetables in tiny pieces.

QUICK AVOCADO ORANGE DRESSING:
I large avocado or 2 small (serves 2)
1 orange
3 chopped green onion or any other onion
Dill seasoning to taste (add salt and pepper if you desire)

In a bowl mash the avocado well. Cut orange in half and squeeze on top of avocado add chopped onion and dill (salt and pepper) to taste and mix all together. Place salad in a bowl and toss or just put dressing on top. Quick and easy and just about all grocery store sell these ingredients. ENJOY!

0 comments:

Fast Food that's fresh from the garden
A whole food diet is the key to a long and healthy life. New recommendations encourage consuming more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. This is easily accomplished by eating terrific-tasting, nutrient-rich whole food meals made in the Vita-Mix machine.
Imagine...
Steaming hot soups & sauces in 4 minutes
Juice whole foods in 60 seconds
Frozen treats in 30 seconds
Grind grains and knead dough in one 5 minute operation
Cooking soup from scratch that's hot, hearty and satisfying in just 4 minutes.

Making whole food juice that's full of fiber and flavor in under a minute.

Making frozen treats that are full of fruit and low in fat in only 30 seconds.
Grinding fresh whole grains into flour and kneading dough for healthy home made bread in one 5-minute operation.
Click an image to view a live demonstration
*Flash Player Required
Vita-Mix Super 5200

Start your 30-day no-risk
in-home trial today
and we'll
give you FREE Standard
Ground Shipping


Click here to get started!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger