Tuesday, December 23, 2008

INSPIRATION #7 Giving and Appreciation



GIFT OF GIVING ALWAYS

I know with the holidays and all everyone has a theme for giving. I love giving and would consider myself a nature giver. For the past year or so I have been taking a deeper look into the art of giving and what I can do more to give on a daily bases.

I wanted to become more conscious of my giving I looked at what other inspiring givers were doing and also thinking of how I already give. At one point I felt a little overwhelmed by the need I could see that could use a lot of help, or so that was my story. I thought how could I help so many when I am only one person. Then I remembered the story of the man who was putting starfish back into the ocean. He could not help them all and it still made a difference to that one. I also feel that giving is contagious and when you give to someone that someone usually feels inspired to give to another and so on.

I even realized from speaking to an amazing gentleman I met the other night that giving continues even after one passes on. His wife had cancer and because she decided on an alternative health path she was able to continue her life on this planet for 5 years longer than expected. He was not really open to eating a diet different from what he was already use to as a body builder. Through the health his wife gained by changing her diet he began to open his mind and alas he joined us for a raw (pot) luck and gave of himself in the form a delicious dish he made with live ingredients and more importantly LOVE!

I also know giving also inspires attitudes of gratitude and of course both appreciation and giving (when given from the heart) both feel good. Feeling good creates more abundance of giving and WOW one think leads to the other and what more could one get than a complete package in life than giving and appreciation!

Someone once told me do what you love and you will always be happy, I would like to add, “do what you love and give, share it and that is true happiness.” Giving is a gift you give yourself also because without the oranges you can’t give away the orange juice.

I want to thank you for sharing in this blog as our gift and love to you all throughout the year, Happy Days!

The Fruity Green Family

For a Delicious Healthy Holiday Morning Treat

Berries and Creme
By Darlene Navarre

Almond Mylk:
2 cup almonds
4 cups water
Blend very well and strain through a cheese cloth bag

Put milk back in blender and add:
2 cups of Macadamia or cashew nuts
be sure to add only 1/4 cup at a time
Blend until smooth.
Then add 1 cup date/raisin combo
1 teaspoon to vanilla or one vanilla bean
blend until smooth

Put in bowl and add your favorite fruit (fresh or frozen).
A few favorites are peaches n cream and mixed berries n cream
Your can serve this at any family event and nobody will know that it is non dairy and with non refined sugar. ENJOY

0 comments:

Fast Food that's fresh from the garden
A whole food diet is the key to a long and healthy life. New recommendations encourage consuming more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. This is easily accomplished by eating terrific-tasting, nutrient-rich whole food meals made in the Vita-Mix machine.
Imagine...
Steaming hot soups & sauces in 4 minutes
Juice whole foods in 60 seconds
Frozen treats in 30 seconds
Grind grains and knead dough in one 5 minute operation
Cooking soup from scratch that's hot, hearty and satisfying in just 4 minutes.

Making whole food juice that's full of fiber and flavor in under a minute.

Making frozen treats that are full of fruit and low in fat in only 30 seconds.
Grinding fresh whole grains into flour and kneading dough for healthy home made bread in one 5-minute operation.
Click an image to view a live demonstration
*Flash Player Required
Vita-Mix Super 5200

Start your 30-day no-risk
in-home trial today
and we'll
give you FREE Standard
Ground Shipping


Click here to get started!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger